Monday, April 3, 2017

Introduction

Hello, my name is Kari.  I struggled with the decision to start working on this blog, but a lot of people have told me that they would love to learn about what I'm going through.

A little about me first!  I am a stay at home mom and my husband is in the Army.  We live here in El Paso, TX with our two children "V" (boy) and "O" (girl).  I have three dogs:  Fatsticks, Mia, and Ember.  I have one cat:  Punk, who really lives up to her name.

I have a couple hobbies.  I cross stitch and crochet, I read, and I play video games.  My favorite games are any of The Legend of Zelda series, most Nintendo titles, the Dark Souls series, and most Konami games.  My favorite book (since 9th grade) is East of Eden by John Steinbeck.  My favorite movie is probably American Psycho and my favorite TV show is Bob's Burgers...only because Linda and I are so similar that it's scary.

I'm not a professional blogger, but I do love to write and put my thoughts somewhere.  This blog isn't really for anyone in particular, it's mostly for me to talk about what's going on and if someone who is struggling with symptoms of UC reads this and it helps them, then that's perfect.  Even one person helped is wonderful.

Anyway, on to the actual topic that I want to be discussing.

Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is basically my body attacking itself.  My colon has ulcers and as of right now there is no known cure.  I can go into remission, but I will not be cured.  As of writing this introduction, I am in an active flare.  I have been since August of 2016.

This post is just to give some basic information and introduce myself.  I will probably post here regularly and keep everyone informed of different things I'm going through with my UC.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment